Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion

Go down 
+30
Psammead
R2Dan
fon
RoCKo
moonwalker
gizmo
synaptyx
Rich330
Protocol Droid
SuperTrooper
gh05ty
SW1
Ripcode
brutalmagic
Admin
TKuk
ObiHahn
Turrican
locitus
BFuk
geordietrooper
CARBONITEKID
89batman
stukatrooper
woodman
JoeR
Pappy
monkeypaw aka riveting
Billhag
firebladejedi
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 pm

BFuk wrote:
Interesting topic guys :D

How many post do I need to do before I can PM the admins to talk more about this?

Best, Rob.

Hi Rob not many, if you wish you can email me directly at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
BFuk
RS Prop Master
BFuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Hey Mark, thanks buddy, will do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobafettuk.co.uk
woodman
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Thank you guys for welcoming myself and now Rob. I dont personally know Simon but I do Rob and have for several years now and he is a very skilled craftsman. I am very glad he is now here to speak for himself beacuse I can step in all day but info straight from the horses mouth is what you are after. I can say this I do know some info and it's very cool what's coming. I have the highest confidence things will turn out great.

I think this site is going to be an alright place to be.
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 am

Very interesting news indeed. Looking forward for updates on this!
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi Rob,
first of all thank you for the info,like you said,it is a rare,the only one to date as we know it outside the archive armor,and had a breathtaking intro on the rpf(at least for me when i saw it Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 94707 ) when suddenly no more news of it,fear surrounds on what happened. now that is clear,thank you,and wish you goodluck on the effort,and please do update us on what would you guys do next Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 296262 wish you can answer my question on how would you remove the glued parts such as the strips.
second,want to thank you for both you and Simon for the purpose to share with the community,and do take care of that baby will ya Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 296262
third,you're still going to make boba fett's jetpack dont you? i'm in love with your latest version you know Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 879541 although it's still a looong way to be able to buy one
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Don't worry guys the suit has been handled by Rob and Myself with kid gloves!

The helmet hasn't been destroyed it is very much in tack. We've gone through several different molding techniques, it has taken quiet a while but that's down myself and Rob want to produce best helmet available.
Our first prototype was a great success the detailing that has been capture from the original exceptional and we'll have copies available very soon.

The Armour is also going well and we're hoping to have that available shortly after the launch of the helmet.

I'll also post some pictures we had taken recently!

Last edited by TKuk on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Great news Simon, be sure to keep us upto date..

I look forward very much to see castings from such a sharp helmet Smile
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 pm

This could bring TK-costuming into a new era Smile
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:13 pm

locitus wrote:
This could bring TK-costuming into a new era Smile

Lets hope!
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Heart felt news guys.Thank you for poping in with the update and may they continue.This little corner of the Stormtrooper world is honoured that we have the Three of you to share your fantastic story and progress of this gem.
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:51 pm

I'll add some pictures as soon as i can find out how to???
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Just above the reply box there is a button with a image and a small floppy disk on it. Click on that one to upload a photo. Or use an alternative hosting service, and copy the url to the reply box and put [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] around the image url. Clicking the other image button without the floppy disk on it is equal to the [img]-tags.
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

New and exclusive pictures of the ANH suit I've posted them here first!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please do not post them anywhere else without my permission.
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm

locitus wrote:
Just above the reply box there is a button with a image and a small floppy disk on it. Click on that one to upload a photo. Or use an alternative hosting service, and copy the url to the reply box and put [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] around the image url. Clicking the other image button without the floppy disk on it is equal to the [img]-tags.

Cheers Buddy!
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Awesome pictures thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

TKuk wrote:
locitus wrote:

Cheers Buddy!

No problem! And boy are those some beautiful photos! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
L.S.D Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Can i remind everyone that this section is only open and viewable to registered members only, so anything posted here that you dont want the whole world to see is relatively private.

And anyone found posting images elsewhere without permission from the original poster will have their account deleted.

And many thanks to Simon for sharing with us here first at L.S.D Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 879541

TKuk wrote:
New and exclusive pictures of the ANH suit I've posted them here first!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please do not post them anywhere else without my permission.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.com
brutalmagic
Deck Officer
brutalmagic

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Can I ask something really dumb,

Whats with all the black bits?
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Im sure there are lots of questions to ask Simon and the team about the suit and its history ?

Heres mine,its seems that the helmet has two shades of green one for the face plate and one for the cap and back.Is this a trick of the light or are there two colours of green ? This leads me to believe that they are infact two different types of plastic (maybe) ?

OK one more for luck, Looking at the full suit picture it seems that the shins are layed out on the wrong legs. Is there at the top of the left shin as we look at the picture the remainders of the sniper knee plate ?

Thank you once again for taking time out to show these detail pictures.

Last edited by stukatrooper on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:49 pm

I see the thigh cover stripes have been riveted on, with the right thigh there is 1 rivet at the top and the left has 4 in total with 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom.. is this an original feature from filming or something you have done?
Back to top Go down
Turrican
Banned Member

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Uff.. i'm stunned.
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:21 am

They are amazing pics, thanks for sharing guys.

Is it my imagination or is that a handplate under the thigh?
Back to top Go down
Ripcode
Cannon fodder
Ripcode

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:07 am

I love this kind of stuff! Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 277503
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Absolutly stunning Simon Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 94707 thanks for shearing these photos here , if its ok with you i think i am going to base my new HDPE helmet build on yours i mean cut the eyes out the same and teeth and paint it up and chip and weather it as it would have been in ANH , just luv it all you must be well happy Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 559234 , can i ask how and what you are going to restore ? .

PS Luv that holster Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 407583
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 pm

I also noticed that the holster tabs are rivited to the outside of the belt i thought the tabs were to be in the inside of the belt ? intresting scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next