Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion

Go down 
+30
Psammead
R2Dan
fon
RoCKo
moonwalker
gizmo
synaptyx
Rich330
Protocol Droid
SuperTrooper
gh05ty
SW1
Ripcode
brutalmagic
Admin
TKuk
ObiHahn
Turrican
locitus
BFuk
geordietrooper
CARBONITEKID
89batman
stukatrooper
woodman
JoeR
Pappy
monkeypaw aka riveting
Billhag
firebladejedi
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 pm

This thread= Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 458483 Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 619930 Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 256848 Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 277503 Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 296262
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:17 pm

well I assume that it was touched up during filming that would account for the rivet heads being white as for the shoulder bells, arms thighs, lower leg, torso had some spraying done when i painted the black bits.
Back to top Go down
gh05ty
Cannon fodder
gh05ty

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:23 pm

maybe after the rigors of filming in tunisia, the first couple of suits needed refreshing and were painted to match the helmets ???
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:28 pm

The list of reasons is endless…
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

gh05ty wrote:
maybe after the rigors of filming in tunisia, the first couple of suits needed refreshing and were painted to match the helmets ???

These are my thoughts on the paint v no paint. I am sure on the tantive 5 shoot out that suits have paint but in Death star sceens ,no paint.The Tantive were some of the last shots when making the film so beat up suits had a quick revamp.Just speculation but makes for a good story.(Hold the press)
Back to top Go down
gh05ty
Cannon fodder
gh05ty

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:55 pm

firebladejedi wrote:

This is very true... it could be as simple as they couldnt be bothered to clean the sandies weathering off completely so painted over it, we may never know i guess. Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 331945
Back to top Go down
Billhag
L.S.D Admin
Billhag

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 pm

gh05ty wrote:
firebladejedi wrote:

This is very true... it could be as simple as they couldnt be bothered to clean the sandies weathering off completely so painted over it, we may never know i guess. Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 331945

Rob
That's whats so bloody frustrating about it mate, most of the other costumes are fairly well documented
but what their is on the stormtrooper is so bloody vague Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 14955 .
As rich said, when you look at the film some look as though they could have been painted and some
don't. Same with the stills, sceen grabs, archive photos, you name it, there's no definite answer there
to say that they were painted for use during the filming of ANH. After, yerrh that goes without saying
but there is no 100% reliable source that can tell without doubt that they were.
Drives you 'round the frigging bend thinking about it Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 77367

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 559234
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 am

Did your uncle get this suit prior to Empire Strikes back or after?
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:42 am

stukatrooper wrote:

These are my thoughts on the paint v no paint. I am sure on the tantive 5 shoot out that suits have paint but in Death star sceens ,no paint.)

I like it, Pete. That's definitely consistent with what I see on screen ...

Tantive (ooh shiny!)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Death Star (dull, off-white)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, back to the suit in hand. The story of when and why it got a lick of white paint is probably less relevant to my question about the original TK suits, thinking about it. But still very interesting ....
The suit is a sandy isn't it? Painting a sandy white at first only to add all that weathering would be a bit mental. Seeing as it qas quite probably one of the suits dragged out for promo shots (as identified by Paul), I'd bet it was painted over for those specific photos.
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 pm

I think a lot has to do with the lighting in those sceens aswell Rich , i to like Petes theory and imho i to think that they were defently painted but not all of them oh dont you just luv it Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 286346 , ok back on topic please Simon need more photos mate of you in this suit as a boy as you said and any more you can find just loving this topic Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 296262
Back to top Go down
gh05ty
Cannon fodder
gh05ty

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Never noticed before that both of the troopers in the D.S pic above (shooting under the door at luke & leia) have only 3 teeth cut out - hero stlye with flat lnses and they look like painted helmets to me, the one on the right looks like he might only have 3 ear bumps too but it is hard to tell there (can see the raised setion of the ear and i can only make out 3 bumps - stunt - hero hybrid ?).
Back to top Go down
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:58 pm

stukatrooper wrote:

These are my thoughts on the paint v no paint. I am sure on the tantive 5 shoot out that suits have paint but in Death star sceens ,no paint.)
Wasn't the Tantive IV shootout, one of the last things filmed? It would make sense if they were trying to cover damage from shooting the other scenes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:46 am

gh05ty wrote:
Never noticed before that both of the troopers in the D.S pic above (shooting under the door at luke & leia) have only 3 teeth cut out - hero stlye with flat lnses and they look like painted helmets to me, the one on the right looks like he might only have 3 ear bumps too but it is hard to tell there (can see the raised setion of the ear and i can only make out 3 bumps - stunt - hero hybrid ?).
I'm a bit (quite a lot) drunk right now, and don't have my lenses on, but I'd say the right side trooper in that pic still has four bumps on his ear. Interesting topic none the less! Smile
Back to top Go down
CARBONITEKID
Cannon fodder
CARBONITEKID

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:20 am

locitus wrote:
I'm a bit (quite a lot) drunk right now,and don't have my lenses on, but I'd say the right side trooper in that pic still has four bumps on his ear. Interesting topic none the less! Smile

You and me both!

But I agree on the ear bump. hic.
Back to top Go down
gizmo
Deck Officer
gizmo

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 am

Wow I`ve just joined here and knew about this suit from the RPF and Prop Den but didn`t expect to see whats in these pages.

This is no doubt THE single most exciting thing since the Brian R helmet
was cast and the fact that it`s a full suit and not just a helmet makes it surpass that.
Simon and Rob thank you for sharing these pics and considering offering replicas.You guys will make history no doubt.

Oh and Simon I cant wait to see your pics of the helmet before it was stripped and I hope it`s an easy ID on screen.

Am I also reading correctly that you only painted a small portion of the suit and that it was already painted when you got it.?Could it possibly be from the fact that the squibs(sp) on set put burn marks on the suit so they painted over them to clean it up.just a thought.
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 pm

So people keep telling me Lucas is sueing someone in the uk Again but i can't find any articles on it can anyone shed any light on this for me???
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:05 pm

TKuk wrote:
So people keep telling me Lucas is sueing someone in the uk Again but i can't find any articles on it can anyone shed any light on this for me???
Yes, he's suing Andrew Ainsworth for copyright infringement as Andrew claims to have sculpted the stormtrooper helmet (and armour) himself and is selling copies of these in his store, "originalstormtrooper.com" (if you haven't seen that one before).

All in all, it's a matter of who owns the copyright, LFL or AA.

Not though that this doesn't really apply for 501st and it's use of SW copyrights, as we have a kind of "gentleman's agreement". AA:s business however is not the same thing.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Dail Mail yesterday......

BRITAIN’S most senior judges yesterday considered a question which has perhaps only ever troubled die-hard Star Wars fans.

Namely, whether or not the Imperial stormtrooper helmet is a work of art.
Darth Vader’s foot soldiers – from the 1977 film – are instantly recognisable thanks to their white plastic armour and faceless helmets.

And yesterday the legal dispute over the right of British designer Andrew Ainsworth – who made the original props – to sell replicas from his shop in West London reached the Supreme Court.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back on subject.
Back to top Go down
moonwalker
Deck Officer
moonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:10 pm

stukatrooper wrote:

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back on subject.

Well, I cried when I read this on your link :
Quote :
British prop designer Andrew Ainsworth designed the original Stormtrooper helmet for Star Wars
Back to top Go down
RoCKo
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 50710 Oh my god, i registered today, this is my first post and all i can say is... WOW!
I´ve read several threads about this "newly found ANH suit and helmet" but this is still... WOW!

Thanks for sharing all these with us, like all others i REALLY appreciate all your information!
Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks for that guys!
Back to top Go down
fon
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:47 am

Absolutely brilliant news Simon!

Yes LFL is going back after Andrew, I think its more of a grudge thing now as he left their last case high and dry.. claiming complete craftsman ship behind the iconic character. Which we know not to be true.

Please don't let this scare you off. Its his "holier than thou" attitude that has offended LFL, and the fact he like throwing it in their face. Smaller "costuming/prop collecting" communities now are shown a blind eye due to the benifits lucasfilm receives in return from the 501st.

I for one am immensly excited to see (hopefully first hand) the items you guys will deliver. Like most here.. if not every one.. this is something we've all been waiting for for a long time a true replica, with warts and all left intact. And it's something I'd pay good money for too.

Unlike whats available now, or should I say "with held now".. each new version of the same cast having an accurate bump, or marking left out "to (heavens forbid) prevent indistinguishable replicas from originals". Which more to the point, comes down to the "I have something you don't have" attitude.

Anyway mate, sorry to rant a bit Razz I wish you guys the best, and will be awaiting eagerly inline for any more news on this project.

THANK YOU! Smile

Back to top Go down
TKuk
RS Prop Master
TKuk

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks Chris
We intend this to be a warts and all helmet, our first prototype pulls had details which i didn't expect, like the original you could see marks from the original clay and like the originals each one will have its own little imperfections making them as individual as the original were. for example i've noticed on mine a slight vein under left ear which none of the others have as far as i'm told
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This vein also appears to a lesser extent in the prototype but this vein is individual to this helmet!

I can't believe I'm posting about vein's in my helmet, I didn't realize it was that sort of website!!!
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:03 pm

That's exactly the details are members are after!! Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 554227
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 pm

That's so cool! Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 559234
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent loft find ANH armour discussion   Recent loft find ANH armour discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent loft find ANH armour discussion
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next