Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) Empty
PostSubject: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Here's my ROTJ replica helmet, with hard hat liner, chinstrap and aluminium mic tips instead of HOVIs (well, actually resin ones, painted up like aluminium and sprayed black, then slightly chipped).

The bubble lenses are a little too light green, but I have yet to source better ones.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able for the life of me to apply the TK-4510 ROTJ decals without air bubbles and creases - I tried heat, I tried rubbing them on hard with a soft cloth... nothing worked, they are all messed up. Sad

Never had any problems with any other Appling decals. Strange!

I was thinking of weathering this helmet to achieve the "Endor" location look. Any suggestions or how-tos?

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 5370506496_4773d94e5c_b

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 5369902685_9674dae230_b

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 5369906001_19091ae888_b

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 5369888991_6dd35f7978_b

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 5369895661_7577a504d9_b

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 5369892105_3c3e3889fc_b
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 pm

The CFO line of Jedi lids looks so much better than the worn out TE lineage IMHO.

This really has the look. Check out Armando's rotj lid build for weathering tips. I don't think he has shown them here yet, must ask him to do so Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 pm

One should add that this was a slightly damaged and soft reject pull that Joe and Mark gave me for Dennis when I was there forming the very first lids (and prepping the ear moulds as well, so it's my baby to some extent as well Wink)
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey Dan if you have any pics / stories to tell about your time in England playing with the new CFO armour i would love to hear them / see them Smile
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Nothing beats a free lid! :D
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:30 pm

ObiHahn wrote:

Free set of armour ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 331945 ???
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 pm

firebladejedi wrote:
ObiHahn wrote:

Free set of armour ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) 331945 ???

Touché!
I'll go ahead any maybe try some light weathering this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)   ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROTJ "Endor" style helmet (CfO with bubble lenses)
Page 1 of 1