Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

First SW costumes?

Go down 
+9
Rich330
virateck
SuperTrooper
CARBONITEKID
Pappy
ObiHahn
R2Dan
G4Tyrant
firebladejedi
13 posters
AuthorMessage
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:29 am

Its abvious that the stormtrooper costume is one of our major passions when it comes to SW costuming, but where did that passion begin?

I know people who did jedi costumes first and then learnt the ways of the darkside - and people who have only ever worked on one costume - but where did it all begin for you?

My first obsession was with Darth Vader, as he was the main man.. and i spent a couple of years working on a generic costume before concentrating on the ANH version. Later i decided i was not tall enough and looked at the TK, and have never looked back since..

This is me meeting Dave Prowse for the first time back at the end of 2006 in my mostly homemade Vader costume Smile

First SW costumes? ToyFair040
First SW costumes? ToyFair019
First SW costumes? ToyFair017
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
G4Tyrant
L.S.D Admin
G4Tyrant

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:01 pm

I went straight for the iconic TK and decided on an AP suit as my first build ...

First SW costumes? 094

First SW costumes? 092

... am now building my second set of TK Armour which is a 2010 TM ... an am also working on an AT-AT Commander (aka General Veers) First SW costumes? 296262
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:41 pm

My first costume was Luke in X-Wing pilot gear, back when I was 12 or 13.
I had a bright orange shirt and trousers on, a shortened undershirt as flakvest with a scratchbuilt chestbox from cardboard and random stuff, my winter boots and my Kenner Luke ROTJ lightsaber and felt like the king at our school's carnival party :D
Sadly I have no pictures of that.

I do remember dreaming of my own R2 unit back then though, and that's what got me into Star Wars props and costuming years later, even if it's not a real costume...
First SW costumes? R2onset

Last edited by R2Dan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Man, I'll show my early costuming attempts however sucky they might be. :D

I built a Vader costume when I was 15 and actually wore that abomination to many 1997 Special Edition screenings...

First SW costumes? 5421834492_35c3f9681d_b

All home-made except the helmet.
After that, my 2008 FX recast stormtrooper was the second costume.

Thank god I arrived at TM in 2011! :D
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Deck Officer
Pappy

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 am

on early 2000,i always bought star wars toys,wish i can 'be' one as a stormtroopers
years after the SE came out i almost bought rubies when i saw it on swshop(you guys know how 'awesome' the photo is First SW costumes? 94707 ),i think it is awesome that there's a wearable stormtrooper costume,and almost a go with it and buy it,thank God i learn my way to the forums,webpage and learned the real look on that....thing,THANKS Y'ALL!!cheers
finally,my first costume is AP(more less),and it still had most part of my current costume after 2+ years had an assembly problem,weathering problem,a gruesome destroyed part(!!),and many more,and still tweaking it today.
one of my biceps got destroyed,and TM got me replacement partS!!!(biceps and forearms) Thanks a lot Paul!! my chestplate also had a crack,and i also bought TM chestplate,but i figure i would wear my old one and keep my TM chestplate for completing the rest to a new ones bounce
this photo is actually the first time i wore the whole costume together,1+ year after(maybe)
First SW costumes? 2a319353
And the first time after i 'finish' it last year
First SW costumes? 540f157d
not change much since,only replacing the helmet after i sold my AP one,adjust some straps for a more proper look,and waiting for new boots.
my body is changing since 2+ years ago,and i cant make the thigh higher...oh well
Back to top Go down
CARBONITEKID
Cannon fodder
CARBONITEKID

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:08 am

Please don't laugh.

Ah what the hell it makes me giggle:
First SW costumes? Image_10-1

It did get a bit better:

First SW costumes? Fett

It was completley scratch built except the lid and Rufkins gauntlets though. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SuperTrooper
Deck Officer
SuperTrooper

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:52 pm

My first was I was 5 dressed up as Darth Vader at Halloween in one of these highly accurate costumes.

First SW costumes? Costume_comp
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 pm

You'd be the star at any convention in one of these today! :D
Back to top Go down
virateck
Cannon fodder
virateck

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:20 pm

my first sw costume was my biker scout ^^

First SW costumes? 10121911

I love this pic lol!
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 pm

I was lucky; I had this bloke from the UKG called Mark advising me so my first Star Wars costume was my TK TM. First SW costumes? 331945

In the year of Star Wars release at the cinema I was dressing as something else! Laughing

First SW costumes? Zorro-1
Back to top Go down
Psammead
Deck Officer

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 pm

My first ever Star Wars costume was Darth Maul that I did in a rush for a uni society Halloween party back in 2006.

First SW costumes? Sh06

Since then I have progressed to TIE pilots but hope to revisit the Maul now I have the time to build it properly and am probably mad enough now to shave my head.

First SW costumes? Dscf05362
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:48 am

Rich330 wrote:
I was lucky; I had this bloke from the UKG called Mark advising me so my first Star Wars costume was my TK TM. First SW costumes? 331945

In the year of Star Wars release at the cinema I was dressing as something else! Laughing

First SW costumes? Zorro-1

Who is that i see in the background ,Catherine Zeta Jones maybe?
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:05 am

Yes, she was my first girlfriend, you know! First SW costumes? 407583
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Iam more concerned on them ballons behind you Rick , seems to be a very big Dick Laughing
Back to top Go down
BH6540
Cannon fodder
BH6540

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:06 pm

My first costume (well decent attempt at one) was back in 2004. FX armour with the customary HUGE FX bucket.

First SW costumes? DSCF0020-1

I soon saw the error of my ways and upgraded to a RT-Mod lid.... and heavily modded the FX armour too.

First SW costumes? V2b-1

Had many incarnations of TK armour and other costumes since then...
Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:44 am

SW1 wrote:
Iam more concerned on them ballons behind you Rick , seems to be a very big Dick Laughing

I'm the only Dick in the photo. First SW costumes? 559234
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:42 am

Rich330 wrote:
SW1 wrote:

I'm the only Dick in the photo. First SW costumes? 559234

OMG i get that joke. well after a minute or two First SW costumes? 559234
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First SW costumes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First SW costumes?   First SW costumes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First SW costumes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Star Wars Galaxy-