Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

AT-AT Driver

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

AT-AT Driver Empty
PostSubject: AT-AT Driver   AT-AT Driver I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 pm

This is the DL AT-AT Driver kit I bought in 2009. It was assembled by Julian Anderson and tweaked a wee bit by me.

AT-AT Driver D-Con-AT-AT-Driver

The original boots are damn near impossible to find. I had considered having reproductions made, but the costs were prohibitive. These boots are from the same era, but are considerably different to the originals. There are various clearable choices for AT-AT Driver footwear due to the lack of an exact replica, or an original pair. They tend to be in the form of apres ski boots, or ladies snow trainer/boots! Laughing

The hose is vintage hair dryer hose. It can be found on ebay, but be prepared to ship in an entire vintage hairdryer set (or two!) just to get the hose. I haven't seen more accurate hose made by a modern supplier.

The boiler suit has the correct pockets and pointed pocket-flaps. The Helmet and shoulder metal greeblies were made by Elvistrooper. The shoulder are smooth versions of the TIE Pilot spikes, but recent evidence shows that they're actually the same and the smooth ones are inaccurate. It would make sense with the movie helmets themselves being repainted TIE Pilot buckets. I'll get the correct ones at some point. Welding gloves will do, though if they have the ridged seams on the back of the hands they would be better. Again these can be a tough find. Also, in the movie this dude doesn't carry a weapon, HE DRIVES ONE Laughing But since trooping without a weapon looks odd, I use my SE-14R.

I haven't been able to create an LED piece for the chest, I don't know anything about electronics, so I have a print out I made in Photoshop in there:

AT-AT Driver AT-AT-Driver-Chest-LED-Panel-Dis-2

Based on this photo:

AT-AT Driver AT-AT-Driver-Chest-LED-Panel-Dis-1

Photographs of the component parts of this costume have been requested by the legion for the 501st CRL! A testament to the work and research Julian put in during his build. Smile Sadly, due to the attitude of some people, Julian was never to troop in the costume and sold it 99% complete. I only had to tweak the strapping for the shoulder bells and the flight harness.

Last edited by synaptyx on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

AT-AT Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT-AT Driver   AT-AT Driver I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Awesome awesome build. I would love one of these one day.

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

AT-AT Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT-AT Driver   AT-AT Driver I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:05 pm

This is another of my fav costumes and 1 I would love to work on - absolutely amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
synaptyx
Tee-Shirt Guy
synaptyx

AT-AT Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT-AT Driver   AT-AT Driver I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Do it, DO IT! We need more Thump-thump wranglers! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.synaptyx.com
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

AT-AT Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT-AT Driver   AT-AT Driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 am

Great costume, man.
I really love all the flight suit based costumes. I really like the way that Imperial and Rebel costumes clearly have the same base. It makes perfect sense to me as they would be drawing on the same military technology and same suppliers.
And what cooler than a flight suit costume with a stormtrooper's face!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AT-AT Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: AT-AT Driver   AT-AT Driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AT-AT Driver
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Star Wars Galaxy-
Jump to: