Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Fixtures & fittings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TK9477
Cannon fodder
TK9477

Fixtures & fittings Empty
PostSubject: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm after trains of thought regarding the sizes & type of screws/rivets when fixing:

...the belt, sniper plate, thigh ammo pack thingy, thermal detanator (to clip) & any other of these fittings that I've missed

Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:37 pm

If you wanna be accurate, the sniper plate is only glued.
Detonator clips need to be attached to the tube with the same size screws used for the strapping brackets.

I'm sure Mark FBJ can shed some light on the sizes of the snaps and rivets/brads.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:17 pm

I have in the past put together accurate elastic strapping kits. Are you after practical or accurate fixings?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
TK9477
Cannon fodder
TK9477

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:04 pm

firebladejedi wrote:
I have in the past put together accurate elastic strapping kits. Are you after practical or accurate fixings?

I haven't decided yet - for my FX I used the spec on the TK300 website, which I find fantastic.

It would be great to go authentic, but would rathers have accurate on the outside and bulletproof on the inside.

Boths options would be great to chew over
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Check out the ANH section there are threads showing both systems.

Here is the practical inside - accurate outside thread..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Don't forget that accurate IS bullet proof - I find no reason so far to believe otherwise with my accurate ANH setup.

People seem to tend to think that screen/prop accurate strapping is fragile or impractical: it's not, it's awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
TK9477
Cannon fodder
TK9477

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Cheers mark - Now that's what I'm talkin about afro
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:09 am

ObiHahn wrote:
Don't forget that accurate IS bullet proof - I find no reason so far to believe otherwise with my accurate ANH setup.

People seem to tend to think that screen/prop accurate strapping is fragile or impractical: it's not, it's awesome. Smile

I think for 1 or 1.5 mm armour accurate strapping is a good choice. But for 2 mm you're gonna have trouble with the torso due to lack of flex in the plastic.
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:51 am

firebladejedi wrote:
I think for 1 or 1.5 mm armour accurate strapping is a good choice. But for 2 mm you're gonna have trouble with the torso due to lack of flex in the plastic.

Have to agree - accurate strapping only makes sense with accurate thickness. Wink
Gotta love the way it moves and flexes like the movie troopers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixtures & fittings   Fixtures & fittings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixtures & fittings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: Work in Progress-
Jump to: