Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

What kind of armor?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedirm80
Cannon fodder

What kind of armor? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of armor?   What kind of armor? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:17 am

So many armors, what kind is best for a beginner? I'm 5'7" about 210 lbs (but losing weight).
Back to top Go down
catbread
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: What kind of armor?   What kind of armor? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Nothing accurate at the moment unfortunately.

Try RT Mod.
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: What kind of armor?   What kind of armor? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:37 am

RT mod on someone 5'7 will look silly - rt mod is designed for troopers well over 6 feet tall and well built with it. Try any of the accurate cast from - AP, ATA or TM. Start as you mean to go on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

PostSubject: Re: What kind of armor?   What kind of armor? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 am

With the few extra pounds it's going to be difficult getting into anything like AP or ATA. Both are great for the shorter trooper but would probably need a lot of shimming. It's all possible but heavy shimming can look a bit naff.
TM is a more viable option. The chest and abdomen pieces are naturally more generous (being closer to the genuine sizes of ANH suits and not recast from shrunken ROTJ parts) and there is quite a lot of allowance in the limb pieces to be able to leave them with a good deal more girth.
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

PostSubject: Re: What kind of armor?   What kind of armor? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 am

A friend of mine is close to your size, being around 5'10" or so, and about 200 lbs, and his TM fits him like a glove.
Back to top Go down
catbread
Cannon fodder

PostSubject: Re: What kind of armor?   What kind of armor? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 pm

I was under the impression that RT Mod was for the wider chaps as well... sorry. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of armor?   What kind of armor? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of armor?
Page 1 of 1