Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Plastic... what.. whatT???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rolf
Stormtrooper
Rolf

Plastic... what.. whatT??? Empty
PostSubject: Plastic... what.. whatT???   Plastic... what.. whatT??? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 am

Hi gang.
As we know RS prop masters have different kind of plastic.
1. Mat 1,5mm hips.
2. Gloss 1,5mm hips.
3. Semi 1,5mm ABS/off white.
4. Glossy 1mm + 1,5mm PVC pure white.

I got a RS ABS hand plate, and a PVC shoulder.
And i have test them for holding paint, weathering/hair spray etc.

It seems the ABS hold paint, and weathering/hair spray job better whit out to be scratched off.
But the PVC flex better, and have a better white as pure glossy white, plus it have better pulled details as well.

I have been waiting for some time for a new 1,5mm RS ABS coming in, there should be more pure white glossy, just as the RS PVC.
But if its a no go, and the same as the ABS they all ready got.
I guess i take my RS suits in 1,5mm PVC.

What do you guys think, what will be the best choice ABS vs. PVC here.
I guess the ABS match better the RS ANH suit we see, and then add a pure white gloss spray paint job on it and the best choice for a display suit.
But i wanna troop this suit, so i will not paint the suit, so i guess the pure white glossy PVC match best what we see on screen watching ANH.

Cheers Plastic... what.. whatT??? 331945
Back to top Go down
SW1
Chief Bean Shaker
SW1

Plastic... what.. whatT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic... what.. whatT???   Plastic... what.. whatT??? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi me old mate , i was having the same probs deciding between the abs or the pvc , i decided that i already have a weatherd TM 1mm abs thats bang on accurate in my eyes for desplay , plus i want to troop the RS so after seeing its flexabiltey form R2 DANS one that made my mind up , plus we could always use acrilick paints or the old newespaper effect or another method for the weathering up , and do we really know for sure if the origanal suits were painted especaily on some of the Deathstar sceens ? hope that helps Rolf .
Back to top Go down

Plastic... what.. whatT???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Stormtrooper Detachment  :: ANH Stormtroopers-
Jump to: