Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

Help hand painting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crafty
Cannon fodder
crafty

Help hand painting Empty
PostSubject: Help hand painting   Help hand painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi guys i've built my new hero helmet and started painting it but finding hard. I've stripped back the bits i didn't like. Most problems happening are paint wrinkling up and paint not being flat. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so want it right........any tips before i go again?
Back to top Go down
locitus
Detachment Leader
locitus

Help hand painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help hand painting   Help hand painting I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 am

I'm assuming you're using humbrols. Are you shaking and stirring the paint properly before use? That's really important. Other than that, if the paint is not really old, it should flow out evenly by itself.

I guess it could be a temperature/humidity issue as well, but as long as you're indoors and not in an unheated garage, that should be fine.
Back to top Go down

Help hand painting
Page 1 of 1