Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

TM build questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TK9477
Cannon fodder
TK9477

TM build questions Empty
PostSubject: TM build questions   TM build questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am

So last July/August I made an enquiry about upgrading my TK, and to cut a long story short last week my brown box arrived from TM. Not really started it as I need to complete my Commander Cody (guns are boxed over the pond and ready to ship) as I want to give this my full attention.

So I’m planning the build but have a few questions.....

1.Has anyone split the cod on a TM so it can be flipped up to help with WC visits? I was hoping to but it looks like there is a natural curve on a TM about the waistline which is putting me off

2.Back of the calves originally I was going to use Velcro but after seeing ‘Joey’s’ pics of the suit TM made for him I’d prefer to have a crack using the bra hook thingies! The issue I have is when trooping, how fiddly are these to get on and off? Is there enough give in the elastic to get your foot through without having to hook & un-hook each time?

3.Return edges – these need to be taken off the wrist part of the forearms but are they kept everywhere else? If so what sort of size(s)

4.Cover strips – are the sizes: 15mm for biceps & forearms; 23mm for the legs? Additionally should these be left square, have rounded corners or have the corners trimmed at 45 degrees?

5.Heat gun work – I hate heat gun work!! So the place I’ll defo need to use this would be on the battery pack...is it best to heat from the inside & concentrate on individual ‘give points’ or go for a nice clean curve (maybe lash it round a tin of paint or something?). is there any other bit I need the heat gun for?

I thank you genii (I had to look this up as I also thought it was geniuses)

Back to top Go down
Rich330
Captain
Rich330

TM build questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM build questions   TM build questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago .... TM build questions 559234
Back to top Go down

TM build questions
Page 1 of 1