Last Stormtrooper Detachment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Last Stormtrooper Detachment - only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise.

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
L.S.D is first and foremost a stormtrooper armour discussion board, but we also deal with other Star Wars props and costumes. If you do not yet have an account, sign up today, and join the rest of the peas!
www.elitestomtrooper.com

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy

Go down 
+4
stukatrooper
89batman
G4Tyrant
R2Dan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Empty
PostSubject: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Well guys, as promised here are better pics. While not the best lid ever out there, it's pretty neat, and it's kinda cool to have a lid in the right material (even with the colour not matching the real lids).

One thing that bothers me is how much was trimmed off the cap'n'back on the forehead, but I really can't do much about it I guess. Apart from that it'll be fun painting and weathering that baby I'm sure, I'll keep you guys updated Smile

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe5
My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe4
My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe3
My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe2
My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe1
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Here it is sitting among his mates (for comparison)
My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Lidcollection
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:30 pm

looks like my webserver is acting up again, if you don't see the pics, try again later... sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
G4Tyrant
L.S.D Admin
G4Tyrant

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Is that the CFO Helmet top right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitestormtrooper.net
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:21 pm

yep.

From left to right, top to bottom:
TM Hero, CAP High Gloss signature lid, CFO ROTJ,
Vaj SFS prototype, DA, TE HDPE, TM Stunt, CAP-W
Back to top Go down
89batman
Armchair Armourer (update now takes hands on approach)
89batman

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Nice collection Dan- it is amazing to see all of those together and pick out the subtle differences.
Back to top Go down
stukatrooper
L.S.D Admin
stukatrooper

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:19 pm

The Vaj and the TM are so close mate. Very nice collection and well presented .really nice to see some of if not all the top makers together and very well made.
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:51 pm

two more pics:

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe6
My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe7
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 pm

All the hdpe kits I've seen from this run all seem to be over trimmed on the forehead of the back and cap. It does limit the overall look of the finished kit but iirc the maker was trying to make them all look like the move along trooper.
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:08 pm

While I'll have to wait for some tube stripe stencils to arrive before I can finish the outside and start weathering this bucket, I'm pretty happy with how the inside looks already:

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpeinside
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:46 pm

And just for the heck of it, another pic of the lid with the middle teeth cutouts toned down a bit
(I wasn't too happy with the overtrimming I did to get a long middle tooth... it didn't work and it made the helmet look soft there, so I added back some of the return edge I cut off and touched it up with the same white paint used for the rest of the lid)

It is minor, but makes it look much better IMO

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe11
My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpe12
Back to top Go down
ObiHahn
L.S.D Admin
ObiHahn

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm

It was definitely great to see the natural chipping occur up close.

Share the "professional" paintjob technique with the community, bro! :D Wink
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 pm

yep, I "professionally" hosed that bad mother with an entire can of white paint with no waiting time between coats, then moved the lid around to shift all the paint runs the way I wanted them, more or less... worked out pretty well in the end! LOL
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:08 pm

R2Dan wrote:
While I'll have to wait for some tube stripe stencils to arrive before I can finish the outside and start weathering this bucket, I'm pretty happy with how the inside looks already:

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy Tehdpeinside

I love what you have done with the inside here Dan - sweet Smile

Are you going to add a chin strap?
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Yep, definitely - I was going to add the one you sent me with the strapping kit, but it seems my kit is short of a helmet strap actually Wink

I'll just have to come up with one myself... hehe
Back to top Go down
firebladejedi
Blame me.. I started it!
firebladejedi

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Sorry Dan I can send you the bits you need if you like..
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:07 pm

nah it's cool - I should still have some elastic and it won't hurt to have a few snaps lying around
Back to top Go down
JoeR
Captain
JoeR

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Awesome refurb Dan. The inside is indistinguishable from an original. My HDPE lid pulled by some guy 559234
Back to top Go down
http://www.castfromoriginal.com
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:01 pm

looks like I'll be able to finish this lid off tomorrow, and then it's going to have to look for a new home... I need space and funds for another project, so my girlfriend won't kill me... pale
Back to top Go down
R2Dan
L.S.D Admin
R2Dan

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 pm

finished the lid off today and it's up for sale... it's not a bad lid, but it has tough competition in my collection, and something's gotta go.
Back to top Go down
Mojo
Deck Officer
Mojo

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Can never have too many Lids Dan... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My HDPE lid pulled by some guy   My HDPE lid pulled by some guy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My HDPE lid pulled by some guy
Page 1 of 1